Monday, May 14, 2012

Welcome to Get Crunchy With It!  I am creating this blog to share with the world all of the wonderful crunchy things I learn and do everyday.
"1. crunchy  

Adjective. Used to describe persons who have adjusted or altered their lifestyle for environmental reasons. Crunchy persons tend to be politically strongly left-leaning and may be additionally but not exclusively categorized as vegetarians, vegans, eco-tarians, conservationists, environmentalists, neo-hippies, tree huggers, nature enthusiasts, etc." (compliments of Urban Dictionary)

So, lets go right down the list here for a moment, so you can decide whether or not you want to hang out around here: Yes, I am a liberal. (Registered with the Green Party)  I have been a vegetarian for 12+ years now. I would make the switch to vegan if the thought of life without real cheese wasn't so utterly depressing. I am an environmentalist at heart, a nature enthusiast and photographer. I love being dirty, and finding cool bugs. I love hiking, and many other outdoor activities. I hate war, and wish people could just get along. Guns scare the crap out of me, and I cry when people kill innocent beings. 

There you have it. Now you can make an informed decision about what type of information and opinions you will find on this page. If you like me so far, read on! If not, I am sure you can find another blog to occupy your time, that will better suit your interests. 

For those who stayed, this is my goal:
1. To live a little bit better each day.
2. To stop: - being negative towards myself and/ or others
                  -putting so many chemicals in and on my body
                  - being so wasteful
3. To start: -being positive, and loving to myself and those around me
                  -making healthy choices when it comes to food and beauty products
                  -being resourceful, thrifty, and inventive
4. To share some of the things that I already do, and any of the new things I learn along the way with all of you reading this... In the hopes that perhaps you too, will decide to make some changes in your life that will make you feel better inside and out. 
Thank you for you time, and I hope this is the start of a long and productive blogger/reader relationship. Please, always feel free to comment and/ or suggest things I should try. 
-Alyssa
p.s. I am in no way a professional. So take any advice here on this website at your own risk. You know your body better than anyone else, so listen to it!  If something isn't working for you like it did for me, then by all means STOP! Everyone has different allergies (even ones you may not know about). Whenever I give you recipes for various body products, please test a small spot first to be sure there is no reaction. I'm serious, it will give me peace of mind if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment